The Holidays can generate emotional stress and despair for many of us. Therefore, it is essential to recognize the ways anxiety may be presenting itself.
Anxiety can present itself in numerous ways. Here are ten signs and some tips for reducing holiday anxiety and stress.
1. Constant worries/dread. You feel anxious nearly all the time, although you may not know why.
2. Impaired thinking. You have difficulty forming thoughts, concentrating, remembering, or learning new things.
3. Fatigue. Anxiety increases the production of stress hormones, which can leave you feeling exhausted. Adequate nutrition, hydration, and sleep can boost energy.
4. Irritability/anger. Coping with stress and anxiety can be overwhelming, leading you to overreact to everyday situations.
5. Fear/Terror. You may be plagued with irrational fears—in such a simple everyday activity, for instance, as going to the mailbox. You may experience an impending sense of doom or believe that danger lurks around every...